Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two Big Goodbyes and Two Years of My Life


Last week I said two very significant goodbyes:

1. To the Rush "Club" (we called it a movement) at Jack Britt High School.
I am moving on from being the leader at Jack Britt. (In later posts I will explain more about what I will be focusing on.) I worked at Jack Britt for almost 2 years. I've seen students graduate and go to college. I've seen Christ transform empty, purpose-less teenagers into people filled with meaning and vision. I've been mistaken for a student parking in a visitor's spot (ok, so maybe once or twice I would cheat and park in the teachers' lot), been asked if I was going to prom, and been confronted about using my cell phone inside the school...a great two years.

2. To Leading the Jack Britt Leadership Team.
For the fall semester of 09 and up till now, this team of 4 students (two high school seniors, two college students) has led ministry with me at Jack Britt. It has been my joy to serve with them and lead them. Last Wednesday I met with them for the last time as their team leader. Peter McCarthy is now the official Rush representative for Jack Britt High School and has taken the baton as team leader. As of right now, Kevin Ortiz, Rachel Choi, and Lindsey Leach continue to serve the campus as the leadership team.

If you read my previous post you'll see that this team is ready and that we've been preparing for this for a while. I can't wait to see what this incredible team does. They will grow, and those they serve will grow. Thanks to all of you who support me financially--I promise you that at Jack Britt High School, we have started something much bigger than what any one person could do.


No comments:

Post a Comment